Friday, September 6, 2013

Beyond Notepad

Since I have been doing a lot of multitasking at my workplace every now and then, therefore opening 10 different notepad applications isn't going to help much. Luckily, there are several options out there that allow us to open multiple text files at 1 go. (I, myself have tried 'TextMate'(Mac), 'e-TextEditor'(Windows), 'Notepad++'(Windows), etc...)

Image taken from 'Notepad++'.
As for now, I think 'Notepad++' itself is strong enough to replace your default
'Notepad' application in Windows. Not only the performance of the application is
very good, it also allows you to open/edit/search through multiple files at one
go. On top of that, it's free and it also supports formatting for some of the
much more common programming languages(HTML, XML, Javascript, etc...).
(However, it would be great if I can also perform a Alt-Tab between the documents
opened using 'Notepad++'. :P)

* Click here to find out more about 'Notepad++'.

No comments:

Post a Comment